12 March 2013

Nail polish dupe

Last year in Korea I bought a polish from an Aritaum store, where they sell products from several brands such as Laneige, IOPE, and Mamonde. It was about $3-4 USD.
The brand of the polish is called MODI Glam Nails and the color is called Secret Topaz.


It looks like this on my nails (It's two coats of Secret Topaz over the dark green polish I'm holding in my hand.)



So recently I went to a drugstore and found a Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Mermaid's Tale with the exact same formula so I took pictures of it. No matter how you look at it, it looks exactly the same! It was about $7-8 USD so I was glad I bought it in Korea.



Afterwards, I totally forgot about this until I came across a random blog post reviewing Essence in Blue Addicted. I googled this polish to see more reviews and came across yet another dupe lol Deborah lippmann in Across the Universe. 


I got the picture above from this blog. Visit that blog to see the complete review.
Isn't this too much? xD I'm glad I found it first in Korea for a cheap price. The MODI formula is pretty good so I'm happy with it. This dupe makes me want to google every single polish I want to buy to see if there are any cheaper alternatives...


No comments:

Post a Comment